Unit 3 West Street Gateshead NE8 1BH UK
• Appointments can be made online, over the phone, or in person at the salon.
To reduce wasted time, and ensure we have enough time allocated for individual client services, clients are asked to provide as much detail as possible when booking their appointment.
Each service we offer (including all hair length variations) has an individual appointment and development time allocation. Booking the correct service(s), so therefore allocating the correct amount of time for each service is important to keep the salon running smoothly.
Changes to pre-arranged services are not always possible if the new service time allocation is not available without causing disruption to our schedule and forcing other clients to wait.
• Our online booking is available 24/7. At the time of booking, you will be asked to provide your contact number. Please ensure this contact number is correct and we can get in touch with you during salon opening hours.
As wonderful as online booking is, it is not perfect and can unfortunately cause issues such as clients booking incorrect services, colours booked too late in the day, and unfortunately, lead to some people booking appointments they have no intention to attend.
To combat this, we will always contact you as soon as we are notified of your online booking on the contact number you have provided, to ensure everything is correct and you are happy with the service booked.
• If we have called to confirm your online booking and not been able to get in touch, we will first leave a voicemail or text message asking you to get in touch with us. If we are still unable to confirm your appointment, we will send a text message, again, asking you to get in touch.
If we still have not heard from you and have not confirmed your online booking within 24 hours of your appointment, we will delete your booking and offer the appointment to another waiting customer. Please ensure you are providing the correct contact number at the time of booking.
• New colour clients and all colour correction services will not be booked until a professional consultation has been carried out.
In most cases, this is simply to ensure we are booking the correct service and appointment time allocation. For most colour corrections, discovering the clients colour history and carrying out a range of tests on the hair is needed to affirm the achievable results as well as the appointment time needed. In both cases, a colour patch test (skin test) is needed 48 hours prior to the colouring service.
• Appointments are not always needed but highly recommended if you require a certain day, time, or stylist. If you arrive at the salon without a pre-arranged appointment and one of our Stylists have an available appointment there and then, we will of course offer you the appointment straight away. If, however, our Stylists are busy with pre-arranged customers, we will advise you when the next available appointment will be.
• Please bear in mind our Stylists can get very busy, especially our Senior Stylists who may have a wait of between 1-2 weeks for cutting services and 4-6 weeks for larger colouring services.
Most of our clients book their appointments in advance and recur them well into the future. We will do everything we can to ensure we can arrange your appointment at the closest opportunity, and if we are unable to do so, we run a wait list which we can add you to, and contact you as soon as there is an availability.
Please ensure that we have your correct name, contact number and as much detail about the services you would like when being added to our wait list.
• There is no charge to be added to our waitlist. If there is no available appointments for when you would like one, we will offer to add you to our waitlist for the services you have requested, even if you already have an appointment booked for a later date.
As soon as an availability arises, our receptionist will contact our customers on the waitlist on a first come-first serve basis and it is up to you if you would like to book the appointment.
• As mentioned, our Senior Stylists get very busy. So that we are able to offer more appointments and flexibility to our customers, our Senior Stylists will work with their own Assistant who will carry out their Stylists basic hairdressing services such as Root Retouches and Blow Dries under their Stylists instruction.
We also work with a 'Smart Business' column, again to ensure we can offer appointments and flexibility to our customers and ensure all team members are working to the best of their abilities. Once a team member has been assessed and proven to carry out a service at the salon’s and industry standards, they will then be able to offer that service to customers.
• In order to respect the time of both our clients and our staff, we ask you to arrive on time for your appointment.If you are running late, we will do everything we can to accommodate you.
Late arrivals might seem like only a few minutes for the person running late, but for the Stylist, who has to be on standby, idling until the client arrives, with the time intended for the service shrinking relentlessly, then has to deal with appointment clashes and rushed services, in order to finish before the next client arrives, before spending the rest of the day apologising to their clients for running behind. For clients, arriving on time for their appointment, only to find their Stylist is running behind, is not an experience we wish to offer our clients.
Clients arriving more than 15 minutes late,will forfeit the original appointment and be rescheduled as a no-show. Our aim is to ensure that no client is left waiting longer than 15 minutes, or staff member made to work over 15 minutes after their shift finished due to a late client earlier that day, and to avoid appointment clashes and rushed services, in order to finish before the next client arrives.